1.23.2008

Stuffed Shells

I made this the other day, not remembering how good it was! Even Wyatt ate tons of it, and strangely enough, preferred the spinach and cottage cheese over the noodle part. Weird, I know. Anyway, just thought I'd share it with the rest of you. It's super easy and doesn't have too many ingredients. I did make a couple of changes to the ingredients. Instead of using italian seasoning (Danny doesn't allow it in the house...he says it's fake) I use basil and oregano. Also, I like to add an egg so that the mixture sticks together a little better. Enjoy!

Stuffed Shells

Prep Time:10 min
Total Time:50 min
Makes:5 servings, four shells each

1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 container (16 oz.) Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1 cup Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
20 jumbo macaroni shells (for stuffing), cooked, drained
1 jar (13-1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 large tomato, chopped
PREHEAT oven to 400°F.

MIX spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, until well blended. Spoon evenly into pasta shells, using about 1 heaping tablespoonful of the spinach mixture for each shell.

MIX chopped tomato with sauce.

SPOON half of the sauce into 13x9-inch baking dish. Place shells, filled sides up, in baking dish; spoon remaining sauce over shells. Cover with foil.

BAKE 30 min. or until heated through.

REMOVE from oven. Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese over shells. Bake uncovered an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

The Browers said...

Sounds very good. I am always looking for new easy recipes to try. I need to add things to our dinner list, it seems I am always making the same few things. Thanks

Rivka said...

I just put this on my dinner rotation for the next month. I can't wait!

Burke said...

No italian seasoning? Danny is a big ole snob.