2.28.2008

"Warm" Weather

The high for today is 48, and I'm loving it! Isn't it weird that after a cold winter 48 degrees will feel warm? In the fall that kind of a temperature would have seemed cold. Yesterday Wyatt and I played outside for about an hour after lunch. It was like he was rediscovering all the good stuff about being outside. You know, like rocks, sticks, mud, airplanes, helicopters (the hospital is right by our house so we always see the life flight choppers). In the last months of being cooped up inside, Wyatt has gained quite an extensive vocabulary, so he spent most of the time pointing everything out that he knew the names for. After we went inside, I was cleaning up the house and I went to put something in Wyatt's room. I knew he was back there playing but I figured he was occupied with his many toys cars. When I got back to his door I peeked in before entering only to find him trying to put on some shorts. We bought him some shorts for summer a couple of weeks ago, and he has been dying to wear them. I'm not sure why! But almost everyday he brings them to me to put on. I figured that it was probably fine to just let him wear them around the house, so I helped him to put them on and then I took him into our room to show him how he looked in the mirror. I asked him "how's that?" and he replied "that's better." I guess he inherited my hatred of having to wear pants, socks and close-toed shoes. Hopefully, this nice weather is a sign that spring is just around the corner! I've already made sure that all my maternity capris and shorts and t-shirts are washed and ready to go!

1 Comments:

Mitch said...

i hate the cold. i want to leave poo tah