On Monday when I took my routine glucose test, by levels were too high, so on Wednesday I had to go in for a 3 hour glucose test. I started fasting at 8 pm on Tuesday and went to the clinic lab on Wednesday at 8 am. I had my blood drawn and then had to drink 100mg (instead of the normal 50) of the glucose drink. Then I had to have my blood drawn 3 more times at 9:20, 10:20 and 11:20. All in all, this is not something I ever want to do again! The drink didn't taste too bad going down, but that much sugar on an empty stomach is not good! I felt sick for about the first hour, and then I was just really tired. As soon as they took my blood the last time we stopped at Burger King on the way home to get a burger. I was so hungry! But putting food in my stomach after the test, was not so good either. I guess it was just a no-win situation! We got home at about noon and Danny had to leave for work. I put on "A Bug's Life" for Wyatt, since it's his current favorite, made sure he had all his cars, a snack and a sippy, and then I crashed on the couch. Every now and then Wyatt would come and lay his head by mine and say "hi" but he let me sleep for about 2 hours! I'm so glad that he is so easy going. Plus, sometimes I think he just knows when I don't feel good and he needs to occupy himself. Anyway, the nurse called me yesterday and my results were normal! Wahoo! I didn't really think it would have come back abnormal anyway, since that sort of thing doesn't run in our family at all. So, onto a normal pregnancy, and a normal amount of weight gain.
3.07.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
cool. britt skipped that stupid test. there has got to be a better way to test for gestational diabetes. Its a money maker for the labs. gay.
wow that sounds like a freaking nightmare....
Post a Comment