4.19.2008

Contracting

We've had a very interesting life this last week. Since the doctor told me not to do anything, we've spent the week in Payson, so that while Danny is at work I can be with my family. Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal, nothing to note. On Wednesday I felt a little "off" all day and so when Danny got home from work and school, we went straight over to the his parents house. (They are in Disneyland so that is where we have been sleeping.) We got there about 8:00 or so and Danny went to work putting Wyatt to bed. Wyatt got a little bit of an eye cold, and so he was very tired and grouchy. At about 8:45, I started having contractions that were about 2-3 minutes apart. I called Danny out to sit with me and we timed the contractions for about 45 minutes, then we went to my parents house for a blessing and kept timing them. They stayed about 2 minutes apart and started lasting about 45-55 seconds each time. Mom said they should take me to the hospital so Danny had to get a hold of our insurance to make sure that it was accepted in the Payson hospital. Did I mention that my doctor and Marlon are both out of town for spring break? So, I was not ready to have this baby until they were both back. Anyway, we checked in at the emergency room and were sent up to Labor and Delivery where I got to get into the fashionable gown and was hooked up to all the machines. They timed my contractions for about 30 minutes and they were getting progressively closer (about 1 1/2 minutes apart), and when the nurse checked me I was dilated more than I was previously. To make a long story short, it took 3 shots to get the contractions to stop enough for me to leave. After 2 hours or so of being in the hospital we were finally able to go home. I did start having contractions again the next morning, but nothing regular. Yesterday morning while I was waiting for Mom to come and get me I had them 5 minutes apart for about an hour. I just drank lots of water and laid down and they slowed down. Both my doc and Mar get home sometime tonight, and once I know they are here I will stop worrying so much. For now, I'm just taking it really easy and trying to make sure I do everything to keep this girl where she's at.

2 Comments:

The Chizel Family said...

Good luck betsy. If you need I can come and take wyatt for the day. He can play with porter. I wouldn't mind at all. Or if you need anything else just let me know, really, though you can ask me to do anything.

The Browers said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time this last little bit of your pregnancy. If there is anything we can do for you guys please just let us know. We can take Wyatt for an evening or bring dinner or whatever, just give us a call. Let us now when she does get here, can't wait to meet her. Talk to you later.