On Tuesday morning we (meaning me, the kids, and Shan) left to visit my sis in the southern part of our beautiful state. For some reason when ever us sisters (all or just some) get together we get a little silly. This trip was no exception, which should explain why we can now all add "The Prince and Me 3: A Royal Honeymoon" to our list of Movies We've Seen. The acting was terrible, the chemistry between the main characters was definitely lacking and there was no plot to speak of. Plus, the prince was completely unattractive. The rest (and best) of our vacay was spent frolicking in the sun at some very cool parks. Since the weather was "cold" there (I think it was like 70 with a slight breeze) the parks were mostly empty and we got to play with the kids on all the toys. Now that I'm putting my trip into words, it seems like we didn't do much but it was a relaxing trip and we missed all the storming and snow here at home so it was totally worth it. Our last morning both of my kids woke up with slightly runny noses (which I think were in the making before we even left) that have now, this morning, turned into full on runny noses, complete with whining, crying and tantrums. I've wiped both kids noses more times that I can count. Which is very sad since I ran out of puffs plus lotion sometime last night. I've been putting vaseline on Wyatt's nose all day. And to top it all off, I've gotten a sore throat and lost my voice. But now, thankfully, both kids are drugged and sleeping and I will shortly be doing the same. (Not the drug part, sadly, just the sleeping part.)
11.07.2008
Sunshine and Runny Noses
p.s. Pictures of our trip will be coming soon, I think. And they will be good since I didn't take them, my amazing sis, Meggan, did. You can see examples of her work here.
Posted by DBA at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
sounds like you had a ton o fun! That is one thing I wish I had was sisters. But I still need to see your newest addition. Hope you get feeling better!!!
Me too on the whole sisters thing! Definitely jealous of those great relationships but luckily I have some awesome sister-in-laws now & some amazing friends! Glad you had fun! And I'm right there with ya with wiping Kaitlin's nose over and over - luckily Sam & I haven't gotten it.....yet. Love ya bunches!
We have also been going through an obscene amount of tissues in our house. You'd think the kids would just stop whining and running away when they see the tissues coming. I mean, it hasn't helped...
Must be the season, I just returned from a cold medicine/tissue trip to the store. I stocked up on hand sanitizer and lysol spray also. :)
Post a Comment