12.08.2008

Skipping

Growing up I watched a lot of musicals.   Some of favorite my movies are musicals that I watched a lot as a child.  For instance:  Singing in the Rain, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Annie, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins and The Muppet Christmas Carol.  I love each one of these movies, but have one teeny, tiny problem with them.  It seems that every musical I've ever seen has to have one song that is fast-forward worthy.  I'm sure that most you reading this (at least my family) know which songs I'm talking about.  If I remember correctly, most of these songs are sad, except maybe Climb Every Mountain from Sound of Music.  Something about disliking these songs when I was young makes it hard for me to like them now.  If I watch any of these movie I still find myself fast-forwarding these particular numbers or at least laughing my way through them.  Of all these dreadful songs there is one that tops my list of least favorites.  And since it is the season of giving, I thought I would give you each the gift of this song.  Hopefully it gets stuck in your head like it is stuck in mine right now!

6 Comments:

katy said...

Thanks, Bets. Words will never fully express the thanks I have in my heart for getting to listen to that fabulous song!

elesa said...

So funny. I found myself thinking, "Yeah, which song is it from the Sound of Music that we always skip?" But I couldn't remember what it was because I never watch it. Until you named it of course! Ooh and I didn't even watch the video you posted cuz I knew exactly what would happen. We watched a different version of "A Christmas Carol" the other night, and somehow I still found myself singing "The Love is Gone".

Meggan Hayes said...

Oh pookums...
I am trying really hard not to taint my kids view of this song and so have resisted the strong urge to fast forward it when they watch the movie. Some others I can think of are that one sappy one in the cartoon Robin Hood and about half the songs in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Is this an O'Neal thing?

Anonymous said...

i also hate this song with a passion. did you know if you buy it from itunes that whole scene is missing... that is a selling point right there lol

Anonymous said...

I'm the person who added this clip to youtube! I'm glad you found a use for it :)

I really like this song and wrote a post explaining why for my blog. Read at your own peril.

http://illegibleme.wordpress.com/2008/12/12/when-scenes-have-gone/

jennie said...

I didn't even have to watch the video to get that song in my head! "The LOVE is GONE!, the LOVE is GONE!" where exactly did all the LOVE go? dang you for getting it stuck in my head! DANG YOU!!! HA HA HA! I totally agree with you! lets watch some musicals together sometime...I'll bring ice cream!