7.08.2009

Wyatt's Birthday

To preface the pictures to come I have a little story. About 2 months ago (right after Eva's birthday), Wyatt informed me that he was getting a Kawasaki for his b-day. I jokingly asked him who was getting it for him, and he promptly replied "Grandpa". If any of you know Grandpa O, you can understand why this isn't all that surprising. Wyatt has been bringing home Dirt Bike magazine from Grandpa's house for months. We read them quite often and he's very protective of them. I'm not allowed to touch them or throw them out without his permission. He can also tell you what make a motorcycle is by the color. Anyway, after Wyatt told me he was getting a Kawasaki he then told everyone else that we came in contact with, including the librarian, checkers at the grocery store, neighbors and last, but not least, Grandpa. When Grandpa asked him if he wanted a small one, Wyatt shook his head and said, "No, I want a big one just like yours." Wyatt didn't seem to think there was going to be any problem with this. About a month after he made this decision, we went for a visit to G & G O's. As I was parking the car, Wyatt gasped quite loudly. I asked what was wrong and he said "Look, Mom. It's my birthday! Grandpa got me my Kawasaki!" I glanced up and noticed that the garage doors were open and Wyatt could see all the bikes parked inside. I had to tell him that those bikes weren't for him but were Grandpa's. I was little worried that he'd be upset but he just told me it was okay because he would still get one for his birthday. So to get to the point, we found a lime green bike, which the granparents purchased, stripped all the stickers off of and replaced them with Kawasaki ones. Grandpa was a little worried that Wyatt wouldn't fall for the small pedal bike in the place of a large, real motorcycle, but Wyatt LOVED it! He's spent the majority of every day since his b-day riding his bike and if he's not riding it then he's asking to ride it. :) (I'm not sure why I even bothered with any other gifts.) Sorry the pictures aren't that great. Wyatt wouldn't hold still long enough for a clear one.






2 Comments:

The Browers said...

Love it! Happy Birthday Wyatt!!

Meg said...

He's getting way too big. I remember holding him when he was only a month or so old. Goes by way to fast. Good job Grandparents!