Morning of Day 3: Cinque Terre
Day 3 started off with a train ride to the first city in Cinque Terre. The story is that before the path, Via del'Amore, was made to connect the 5 cities, the people that lived in each city had no contact with those that lived in other cities. Once the path was made, people would meet and fall in love in the middle. The name, roughly translated, means Street of Love. All along the path there are padlocks symbolizing the relationship of those that fell in love. If I'd known before I would have brought one to add. :) The path is actually built right onto the rock of the coast, and it was so beautiful.
Evening of Day 3: Leaning Tower of Pisa
I can't believe I've actually seen this in person! And I can't believe how much it actually tilts and the fact that it's still standing.
This is just me in front of a really big door. And this probably won't be the only picture of me in front of a door that I post. Sounds dumb, but I could not get over how big the doors are on all the churches and duomos.
The bridge crossing the Tiber River on the way back to the train station to head to Florence.

1 Comments:
Looks absolutely fabulous. Can't wait to see more. Sorry we don't get to come play today - I'm definitely rather be there than cleaning up throw up! :)
Post a Comment