My sis-in-law Erika made this for us a couple of weeks ago and I've been craving it since. Which is weird because I don't usually like shredded pork (I think because I don't like BBQ sauce and that's what a lot of people put on it). It's super easy to make and you can eat it on buns or on tortillas. We're having tortillas. (I discovered the raw tortillas, thanks to mom, and can't get enough of them!) My only problem with making anything in the crock pot is that I have to smell it all day and not eat it. :) At least it's not Fast Sunday today, right?SWEET PORK:
2 pounds pork (we like to use boneless pork ribs)
3 cans Coke (NOT diet)
1/4 c. brown sugar
dash garlic salt
1/4 c. water
1 can diced green chilies
3/4 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
1 c. brown sugar
Put the pork in a heavy duty Ziploc bag to marinade. Add about a can and a half of coke and about 1/4 c. of brown sugar. Marinade for a few hours or overnight.
Drain marinade and put pork, 1/2 can of coke, water, and garlic salt in crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours (or until it shreds easily, but don't let it get TOO dry). Remove pork from crock pot and drain any liquid left in the pot. Shred pork.
In a food processor or blender, blend 1/2 can Coke, chilies, enchilada sauce and remaining brown sugar (about a cup, you can add a little more or less to taste..). If it looks too thick, add more Coke little by little.
Put shredded pork and sauce in crock pot and cook on low for 2 hours. That's it!

2 Comments:
This recipe sounds so good. I will definitely have to give it a try!
Isn't your family getting sick of burritos by now? They've been on the menu for weeks! :)
Post a Comment