8.12.2008

The Wave

As most of you know Danny and I added an addition to our little family in the form of a scooter. Our first one was a chinese made scooter (not a good investment!). After weeks of problems and mechanics fees, we decided to sell it. We recently purchased a new one (NOT chinese made) and last Saturday Danny talked me into driving it from Orem to Payson on the back roads. I was a little nervous at first, but I love it! It's so exhilarating to have the wind in my hair! Danny followed me in the car until Springville and then he got on the freeway. I hooked up my iPod, cranked the tunes and was on my way! I figured since I was all alone and no one really drives with their windows down in the summer, then I was safe to sing my heart out without having to worry about anyone hearing. While belting out along with the Dixie Chicks, I rounded a curve and came upon 2 motorcycles, and this is what happened...



I got the official motorcycle wave! Yes, that's right. Maybe they waved because they heard my beautiful singing, or maybe they just really liked my gas-efficient scooter (yet to be named...). Either way, I gave them the wave back, all the while feeling like I was part of some secret club that had never been available to me before. Who could have guessed that high gas prices would have such an effect of my sheltered little life?

3 Comments:

Colt 'n Tami said...

hahahaha that's super funny! I was riding behind a motorbike once and it threw me right off... I wasn't sure why he was in the far left lane raising his L hand there was no other Left lane to go but then I was told it means turning right.. kinda crazy if ya ask me! hahaha.
Yup we made it to IDAHO. wahoo. so far so good! p.s. cute kids

Colt 'n Tami said...

i am a nut what can i say. I'm' just a sucker for green, white and black! hahaha
Any other new fun memories on the scooter? I want one super bad!

Meggan Hayes said...

I love the wave too. Donnie taught me about it when I became the "B" on the back of his bike. Now when we're riding I keep my eye peeled for any other bikers so I can act seasoned and give the wave!!