So, yesterday we were lucky enough to have Danny's parents take the kids overnight. We've been looking forward to this for a couple weeks. Since Danny's schedule has been so hectic with school and work we haven't been able to spend much time together. This was also the first time we have left Eva overnight with anyone.
So instead of going to bed we stayed up later and watched another movie. About half way through Danny mentioned that maybe we should just go get the kids. Even though I would have liked to :), I knew we shouldn't. We stayed up until about 1 am and woke up at 7:30. No alarm, just ready to get up and pick up the kids.
G & G picked up the kids at about 5. It felt somewhat sureal to pack them up in the car and then see them drive away. We then left for dinner. We didn't really have any plans. We were just going to play it by ear. A novel concept with a toddler and baby at home. We ate dinner at a lovely little italian pizzeria. We had planned on seeing a movie after but when it came down to it we realized we had no desire to sit in a crowded theater.
Instead we drove over to the mall and went window shopping. We walked into maybe 2 stores, but mostly we just enjoyed not have wressle the kids. So nice! We then wandered over to Target and did some more browsing. We felt like we had wandered around for a while between the mall and target but it had only been about a hour. It's surprising how much faster you get things done when you only have to put on your own seatbelt!
Since it was still early we rented some movies, got milkshakes and headed home. We watched one of the movies and thought we should probably go to bed since it was getting late. Only we couldn't seem to go to sleep without our kids in the house! Who'd have thought? You see, we have this little routine every night. Right before I go to bed (Danny usually stays up later doing homework) we check on the kids. We make sure they are tucked in and comfy and give them more kisses and cuddles. It was very strange and kind of sad to think we wouldn't be doing that.
So instead of going to bed we stayed up later and watched another movie. About half way through Danny mentioned that maybe we should just go get the kids. Even though I would have liked to :), I knew we shouldn't. We stayed up until about 1 am and woke up at 7:30. No alarm, just ready to get up and pick up the kids.
If you had told me 3 years ago that I would be this attached to a little person I would have laughed at you! It's incredible the changes that a child can cause. Can you blame me though? Look at how cute they are!


5 Comments:
Oh! that is the most tender post I have read in a while! Kids have a way of forcing you to love them. but ya know what? I dont mind it one bit!
p.s. you have beautiful babies!
Your house did look pretty deserted this weekend. I made some sugar cookies to bring over for you guys, but sadly, my cookies aren't the greatest and now they are hard as rocks, so I'll have to try again and get them to your fresh....
your kids are beautiful and funny, the routines and "norms" that form are surreal some days!
No surprise Betsy, you're kids are total sweethearts! Wyatt especially for me, already has found a place to snuggle in my heart. :)
Ummmm, your children are REALLY cute!! I know what you mean about getting attached though,isn't it surprising?
OH MAN.. I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! MITCH AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME THING ON VALENTINES DAY. WE HAD OUR FRIEND WATCH LEX, HER HUSBAND HAD TO WORK. BUT IT MISSED HER SO SO MUCH! I TOLD MITCH THAT I WAS OBSESSED WITH HER!!! HAHA!!!
I HAVE A QUESTION ON WHAT YOU DID WITH WYATT WHILE YOU WERE IN THE HOSPITAL HAVING EVA???
Post a Comment