Wyatt had his first swim lesson to day and it went so much better than I was expecting! Wyatt has not been a fan of swimming since he was like 18 months. We like to try and take him, but he mostly just hangs on to us and cries. I signed him up about a month ago and when I told him, he told me that he would not get in a big pool, EVER. So, I was a little nervous to take him today. We been trying to get him excited about swimming for the last week or so. Our neighbor is taking the class with him, so that has helped. And he was excited all morning to go, but when we walked into the pool and he saw how big it was, he told me he didn't want to get in. His teacher came right over and took both Wyatt and Parker (our neighbor) and they got in and didn't look back. It amazes me that kids will do so much better when it's not their parents teaching them! I was watching all the things the teacher made him do and remembering how freaked out Wyatt got when we tried to do the same things with him. Hopefully his lessons will continue to go well and we'll be able to take him swimming this summer and actually have fun!

1 Comments:
good luck! sounds like he is going to like it. Thats nice to have swimming lessons in march, hope the water is really warm!
Post a Comment