I wish I could claim that this recipe is mine, but the credit all goes to my mom. She makes it even better than I do. I don't make it as often as I'd like because when I do make it, that's all that I eat. So good!
2 Eggs
1/3 C. white sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Oil
2 C. HOT water
5 1/2 -6 C. Bread Flour (I prefer Lehi Roller Mills)
2 Tbsp. Yeast (I use instant)
Place all the ingredients in order in your mixer. I usually make a little dent in the flour and put the yeast in that. Mix it for 5 minutes (with a bread hook attachment). I then usually take it out of my mixer and add a little more flour if needed, and knead by hand for a minute or two. Then place it in a greased bowl and let it raise for about an hour or until it's twice it's size. Since we have a swamp cooler in our house it usually doesn't take me an hour. Then place in your greased bread pans and let it raise for another half hour. Then bake at 350 for 23-26 minutes or until golden on top. Remove from the oven and let cool in pans for about 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cover. Or eat...that's what we do. I think we ate an entire right out of the oven last time. With some homemade strawberry jam, it's delicious. Enjoy!

2 Comments:
I Have a two questions... what kind of Oil do you use.. and do you put the yeast in the flour dry?
Joanna - Sorry I didn't see this comment until now. :) I just use regular vegetable oil, and I put the yeast in dry since it's instant. have you already made it?
Post a Comment