9.10.2011

School Firsts

Both the kids started school this year. Eva in preschool and Wyatt in Kindergarten. I know some people are so excited for school to start and have some down time, but I'm so lost without the kids! Wyatt was really excited, but also pretty nervous. He couldn't even eat his lunch on the first day. :)


(Can you tell that he like Phineas and Ferb?)

His friend across the street, Parker, is in the same class, which I think helped with some of his nervousness. Thankfully the teacher didn't seat them together or she might have had some trouble.


I know most people don't do 2 years of preschool with their kids, but Eva needs it. Not for the academics ( I think she's pretty smart, but I might be a little biased) but because she has a little problem with separation. She still has a hard time going to nursery every Sunday and tries to get me to stay with her. She's pretty comfortable with preschool because she would go on the field trips with me and Wyatt last year and she loves her teacher. And her best friend Ashlyn goes too so she has someone to be with. The first couple of days she wanted me to stay but now they get out of the car and tell me to leave. She won't even let me walk her to the door. I'm really hoping this means I won't be leaving a crying child when it's her turn for kindergarten.



I am adjusting to have them gone, thankfully not both at the same time. It's nice to have one on one time with each kid, especially since I still spend most of each day being sick with this new baby, but I also enjoy the mornings they are both home. I think the hardest part has been having Wyatt gone everyday. I sometimes forget that he has to go to school every afternoon and I'll plan things and then remember that he has school. Oops...I'm blaming that on the pregnancy as well. :)

3 Comments:

Meg said...

Was that your sly way of announcing you're pregnant?? LoL unless I missed the big announcement somewhere. I'm super excited for you and your kids are getting way too big. We need to play soon! Like tomorrow :)

gilliay said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! How far along are you!?!

And I know Wyatt's teacher! I hired her as a student secretary when I worked on campus. She is an awesome person, one of the best I've ever worked with. And she knows how to make a mean bulletin board.

Brittany said...

yay congrats on being pregnant... I think you and meg are pretty close.
We put Lex in preschool this year also. I needed it more than her.